Thursday, March 29, 2007

Usage Notes

The proper plural of MILF is "milves."

Oh, and: by the strictest rules of all reputable style books, "Not Safe for Work" should be rendered "NSW" rather than the nearly universal "NSFW." I've sent out a mass mailing, on some of Mr. Safire's New York Times letterhead that I managed to pilfer on my last tour of those august offices, to purveyors of alternative amusements that may fall into this category. That should get their attention.

There is no time -- or, indeed, medium -- in which proper orthography is inappropriate. Unlettered cocksuckers.

Mr. William Safire, Contributing Editor
The New York Times Magazine

The Editors

March 29, 2007

Dear sirs;

It has come to my attention....


Bobby Lightfoot said...

At least they don't call them MILTFs.

belledame222 said...

isn't "milt" the stuff that comes out of boy fish?

"Milt, I'd like you to meet my good friend, Jane Roe. She's...experienced. And, an excellent swimmer."

XTCfan said...

Or, one could argue, "NSfW"...