Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The Cheesy Farfeezy and the Harp Through the Fender Twin

Hey, what happens when you lash together a garage full of drum gear, a son who happens to be a mighty good drummer and a fine summer's weekend morning?

Why, you just might come up with something like this: Bob Dylan's "If You Gotta Go, Go Now," featuring Freddie Jingo on the traps! He smack 'em good!

Microphones hung from ceiling rafters and shoved into kick-drums, computer gear lugged into place, MP3 guide track on the old iPod, and plenty of fine coffee. Makes for a grand way to pend a couple of hours.

Afterward, back in the studio, added all the rest of the stuff you hear -- guitars, percussion, mouth harp, Cheesy Farfeesy.

Damn, this was fun.

And boy howdy, the song just reminds me once again: I sure as shootin' glad that I wasn't of the right age, the right sex, or the right geographic location to get on the pissed-off side of Bob Dylan in about 1964. Woof! 


Chris Cole said...

That sounded great dude. Keep up the great work playing great music. Hope to hear more from you and your boy.

Elise said...


Jeremy Cherfas said...

Excellent noise. Up there with my favourite cover version of that song, by Fairport Convention. Which wins by a whisker because it is in French.


Kevin WOlf said...

Great fun. Nice bashing by Breddie Fingo.

Byte Labz said...

Nice post and excellent language.

For all kinds of Website designing & related works, contact Bytelabz

SEO Expert said...

Glad to read your post :). It is very informative!

Free Online Games said...

Very value able post, I read the whole story when I start reading it.

Radiator Covers UK said...

I appreciate your blog post, beautifully expressed and well written.

Web Design said...

I found your blog while searching in search engines, and it is a wonderful one.

boomer bob said...

"Damn, this was fun."

Damn, it must've been; the results were awesome.

Tell the son and others, they rock!!!

Too good to be giving their music away - they should be getting paid for sounds this good.

Adelbert Enriquez said...

You have a nice blog! I love it, I am very entertained and I learned a lot! I will follow all your posts everyday! You are a genius indeed and all of your words are meaningful, I will promote your blog to my friends and I am very sure they will also like your blog!

Hot Artz
Move Igniter
Lette's Haven

Iftekhar Ahmed said...

I must appreciate the way you have express your feelings through your blog!
PPC Expert

Standard Solutions said...

Really i appreciate the effort you made to share the knowledge. This site seems to get a good amount of visitors.
SEO Lahore