Saturday, October 01, 2005

Administrivia

I've turned on Word Verification for commenters. I had been surprised at the lack of comment-spam I was getting, given how much of it I'd been seeing on other Blogger.com blogs, but they made up for it with a vengeance today.

I have to admit, though, I got a bit of a giggle out of NYCGuy12, who posted,
I have a Cold Sore site/blog. It pretty much covers Cold Sore related stuff.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)
And here was me, just the other day, cursing the Internet's yawning dearth of authoritative information on cold sores and cold-sore-related stuff!

In other news, I've joined a collective of bloggers calling itself "The Liberal Prose," the point of which is to engage in collective bargaining for advertisements. Upshot: BlogAds may start appearing here in the near future. Not fuckin' Glaxo Wellcome, OKAY??? I have control over which ads can appear.

I hereby proffer my neck to Bobby Lightfoot's baleful battle-axe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Does this band take requests? Cos' I've had one too-many T&T'ses and you guys owe me at least one Neil Diamond song now... c'mon, who do you think you are, the Rolling Stones? Play a fucking Neil Diamond song!

Re: ads: How about a couple-hundred words on the subject of why intellectual-property artists are somehow expected to apologize for attempting to receive compensation in 2005(unless they have big tits)? Interesting ego v. self-worth thread there. Are you too big for your britches? Or is that The Batman Themed-Underwear getting a little too tight in the, how shall we say, the Frontal Area? Look, we can all see the outline anyway, Tommy Shaw...

Quit apologizing, apologist!

ps Dave Barry sucks