Monday, November 24, 2008

Not Quite Sure What to Make of This

Subjected premises to GenderAnalyzer...

Results

Silhouette of a womanWe guess http://byneddiejingo.blogspot.com is written by a woman (57%), however it's quite gender neutral.

Hmmm. My lean, Hemingwayesque prose, which I had thought was the butchest thing about me, turns out to have been a sham. I think I'm going to sit down and have myself a good, long cry. That always helps.

(Hmmm again. Shakesville and I Blame the Patriarchy, two of the most feminist blogs I know of, scored 67% and 74% male respectively, so I'm beginning to suspect a wee smidgen of fraud.)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remember Hanlon's RaZor, dude! No fraud needed... their "algorithm" is probably garbage.

Wren said...

Heh. I got the same result, Neddie, but 53 percent as opposed to your 57 percent. Can I borrow your eyeliner?

Neddie said...

Wren: Homosexual Panic in 3...2...1...

The Viscount LaCarte said...

73% female.

Even said Bobby was a girlie.

The Pop Culture Hymnbook said...

You're up to 59% now. Is there something you want to tell us.

Mine seems to break it.

Anonymous said...

80% male.

Anonymous said...

We guess http://bluegirlredstate.typepad.com is written by a woman (58%), however it's quite gender neutral.

I don't get how "blue girl" is quite gender neutral!

After Wren uses your eyeliner, can I use it?

Anonymous said...

Cute overload broke it too -- the GA said it only handles sites in English! :-)

Smashed said...

We got: We think http://head-smashed-in.blogspot.com is written by a man (81%).

No waffling comment about "gender neutral", either.