Thursday, June 02, 2005

Damn You, Jon Stewart!


Material-stealin' boogerhead
went to Wonder Woman's
high school too.


I'm taking it as READ that Jon Stewart's writers are hangin' chez Neddie. Last night's Daily Show report on the Tom DeLay bala gash from a couple of weeks ago (the show was dark for the last two agonizing weeks, and they must have been catching up on old stuff too delicious to be passed up) bore an eerily familiar cast. I'm not gonna make too big a deal out of it, but you enter "Tom DeLay" AND "Pete Seeger" AND "hammer" in at Google, and up pops AlterNet's link to my post from May 13. Followed by two direct links to moi. Followed, way down the page, by David Corn and Daily Kos.

I'm just sayin'.

Stewart directly namechecked my Streetmate Skippy the Bush Kangaroo, but that's just 'cos his blog's name is inherently funny. Unlike mine, which is funny only if you look it up in Eric Partridge's Dictionary of Slang and Unconventional English.

Nyah, and again, sir, I say, nyah.

Stewie did get off a pretty good line: "If Tom DeLay had a hammer, he'd use it to bludgeon Pete Seeger to DEATH!"

1 comment:

SantaBarbarian said...

skippy's your UNPAVED street, mate! ;-)