Friday, June 17, 2005

Your eyes are filled with dead men's dirt, your mind is filled with dust

Jingo-Gracer-With-His-Presencer Randy Sparkman, proprietor of Jubilation Rising, which has just popped up in the Blogroll over there, informs me he just got a piece on Emmett Till published at Slate. And he ain't just whistling Dixie.

Atta boy, Ran-man!

(Memsahib Jingo, back in the Befuddling Sixties, used to corrupt this phrase to "I'm not just whispering dickies," and for many long years I labored under the misapprehension that that was the correct version of that phrase. Well, hell, if Mom says it that way, it must be right!)

In other news, a Major Breakthrough has happened on the John Mobberly front: After a long & frustrating search I've found and verified the house where The Mobster (the Mob-man! The Mob-meister! The Man of Mob-Stinnia!) was set upon and ambushed by the Federals and barely escaped with his life. Watch This Space!

Item: I've just discovered to my great amusement that Blogger accepts the Blink tag. Be extremely grateful that good taste overcame the impulse to mischief a minute ago.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the links. Important matters. Good writing.

Also -- we don't have any taste -- what are you worried about??!!

handdrummer said...

Great article. Many thanks for the link. Recently saw a documentary about the Till murder on PBS. Powerful and heart wrenching. Sobbering to realize that it had happened in my lifetime. It's easy to see why the NeoCons want to destroy public broadcasting. Can't have us thinking about such things, can they?

And what is this 'taste' you speak off? When I licked the monitor screen, all I got was a dusty tongue. Do your worst.