Saturday, July 02, 2005

Perhaps Now She Can Finally Loosen Up

Yeah, I know, radio silence, blah blah. Couldn't sit on this.

Nobody seems to remember the incident but I looked it up.

Paul Slansky's The Clothes Have No Emperor, the go-to book when you want to remember, day by day, just how awful the Reagan Years were, records that on January 30, 1985,
Redskins star John Riggins gets drunk at a Washington dinner. "Come on Sandy baby, loosen up," he tells his tablemate, Justice Sandra Day O'Connor. "You're too tight!" He then falls asleep on the floor, snoring loudly during a speech by George Bush.
Thus raising himself to immortality in my Pantheon of Heroes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great story! I'm so *young* I don't remember Reagan's day in and day out adventures! Ha!

Wondering if you're going to post about "Live 8" --

Anonymous said...

I second the comment on Slansky's book - just in case anyone is crass enough to doubt our Neddie.