Saturday, June 03, 2006

Honoring Kos

I want to call your attention to a temporary but important addition to the Friendly Confines: that handsome orange number over there in the left column over that Koufax Trophy I made for myself.

The progressive Drum Major think tank is awarding 2006 Drum Major for Justice Award to Markos Moulitsas of Daily Kos next month in New York City. Also being honored are Anna Burger of the Change to Win Labor Federation and jazz cat Wynton Marsalis.

Moulitsas, coauthor of Crashing the Gate: Netroots, Grassroots, and the Rise of People-Powered Politics, richly deserves the honor for having inspired countless pinko bloggers to stop whining and start pounding keyboards to effect change. Daily Kos is what I read with my coffee every day, and I bet the same's true for you.

Come on out on June 22 to help honor Kos. Details are here.

If you'd like to help spread the word, Tom Watson has the info.

Technorati tag:

No comments: