Tuesday, August 23, 2005

I'm Immortal!

Ever since I was a tiny baby, I've always wondered if I could measure up to the honor of having my likeness limned by the insouciant rakehell known to the demimonde as the up-and-coming satirist enfant terrible Neil Shakespeare.

Well, it appears my time has come.

Not wishing to draw too much attention to just how rarefied a fellowship this puts me in, I won't condescend to enumerate the list of Bloggovian celebrities who have not had their likenesses done by Mr. Shakespeare, but a discreet cough and a vague wave at James Wolcott, Michael Berube, Markos Moulitsas and the Rude Pundit will no doubt make my point. I do, however, join such luminaries as Res Publica and the Viscount LaCarte on Mr. Shakespeare's gallery wall. A signal honor, Mr. Shakespeare, and I'll tip my hat to the Jesus Monument next time I saunter by.

5 comments:

Neil Shakespeare said...

Oh jesus. "Insouciant Rakehell". I may have to change my profile....

The Viscount LaCarte said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Viscount LaCarte said...

It is truly an honor to have you joining us over at the Satirical Museum of Ethernetical Art...

handdrummer said...

I am not worthy to share the same subetheric space with you, oh Exalted Master. I feel so... undesignated. SOB

May I offer you my humble service as Blogboy in the hopes that a small portion of your Frenetic Internetic Karma will rub off and raise the status of my poor and trembling journal in the eyes of the reading masses?

Or should I merely throw the giant switches, turn out the arc lights, and chase all of my minions out into the cosmic void?

Anonymous said...

Wow! I had no idea Neddie's Transdimenisonal Shape-Shifter Self looked so much like Freddie Mercury. Hold me, I'm scared.