Monday, August 01, 2005

Please Stand By

What I sincerely hope is a minor medical emergency has sidelined me for what I sincerely hope is a scant few days.

Don't want to gross you out with the details, but I believe I have a date with a knife -- and I sincerely hope it happens today or sometime very soon, because I'm sincerely hurting.

Meanwhile, let me leave you with this advice: Be grateful for the small things, like the ability to sit down, because you never know when they'll be taken away from you.

Genus Codeine, Species Vicodin.

I believe I'll ask for it by name.

The thing that's afflicting me is, I believe, a complication from the entirely routine surgery I was alluding to in the referred post. Either that, or it's ass-cancer.

8 comments:

Uncle Rameau said...

be of stout heart, you are less alone today than you have ever been...

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better sooner rather than later.

The Viscount LaCarte said...

Get well soon.

Anonymous said...

Ack -- been there, done that and you have my deepest sympathy, Neddie! Boy, there are some spots on the human body that, when they aren't working as they should, just leave us feeling so darn vulnerable...
Hope relief comes quickly and you're back to your old sittin' and bloggin' self real soon.

Eat2Live - Michele said...

Yikes! What a bummer!

Get well soon! =)

grishaxxx said...

Ouchy! Go Team Venture-Below-the-Waist and get it fixed. Avoid Powerline, even out of a perv curiosity. Consume hot, poultry-based fluids. Stick with the good drugs.
If it got lost in the shuffle, go see that Bookforum piece by Gerald Howard on GR - it's really fine.

Anonymous said...

Condolences, and get well soon.

Neddie said...

Thanks, everybody.

Grish: yes, Employee of the Month sent the GR thing to me, and I've got it printed out and ready for recovery-ward perusal.