Monday, October 02, 2006

And

Who Is IOZ?, the funniest blog I've stumbled upon in quite some time, eructs something that's been stewing in my mind as well. How do you raise righteous indignation against a Keystone Kops version of Fascism?
If I'm going to suffer through the detention-and-disappearing state for the next year, the next ten, or the next fifty, then by fucking god, I want banners, rallies, party congresses, black uniforms, ominous dear-leader portraits scowling from every wall. Maybe that's the genius of our nouveaux authoritarians: central casting. How can you create yourself as a revolutionary against these people? If Leni Reifenstahl returned to make George Bush's Triumph of the Will, it'd come out of the cutting room as State Fair. In their preternatural boobery, they make radicalism seem like overreaction. We should be storming the White House in mass demonstrations, but what would we do when we found our native strongman reading Archie comics on the shitter?

5 comments:

H. Rumbold, Master Barber said...

"We should be storming the White House in mass demonstrations, but what would we do when we found our native strongman reading Archie comics on the shitter?"

Some prose just can't be bettered. Kudos and kowtows. And he probably thinks Veronica is hot.

H. Rumbold, Master Barber

Anonymous said...

So true! It's so ridiculous!

I can't imagine what the parents of soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan *really* think of Bush. I know a lot of them throw their trust and support behind him because they have to believe their kids are in danger for a good reason. And hope and pray they are being led by someone who knows what the hell they're doing.

But, I wonder what they truly think when they're trying to fall asleep at night.

You know they have to know.

How heartbreaking.

Kevin Wolf said...

Thanks for talkin' this up (except I first stumbled across the link in roxtar's follow up).

I wasn't sure anybody could come up with another, even more entertaining way of saying Bush is an idiot, after the many thousands of recent attempts by others.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the morning belly laugh and temporary deliverance from a political Slough of Despond!

Bobby Lightfoot said...

Fuckin' guy is so much cooler than me I feel like I should go into th' clergy.

Or at least some of 'em.