Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Oh, It's All Just a Big Popularity Contest Anyway

One finds oneself on two lists so far, and one is quietly proud.

Three lists, actually.

Koufax Award Nominations:

Best New Blog

Most Deserving of Wider Recognition

Yes, well, since it was not only possible but actively encouraged to ominate-yay ourself-yay, the Overweening Pride is slightly tempered. If the Jingosphere gets through to the next round, where the lists are winnowed to 8-10 finalist blogs, you may see some embarrassing politicking.

(BTW: Voting is not yet enabled. When it is, the Season of the Embarrassing P. will be upon us.)

Ah -- I mentioned a third list, yes, yes....

This one's rather more of a chest-puffer. Bit of a trouser-splitter, this, a hatband-stretcher. PZ Myers of Pharyngula reaches down from Blog Parnassus, pats Old Reprehensible on the head, and says, "You're all right, kid."


Neil Shakespeare said...

Congrats, Ned. You sure deserve it.

Matt said...

You're gonna clean up this year. I can feel it in my bones.

Kevin Wolf said...

Neddie, man, you deserve whatever award they decide to fling your way.

vyrgaf - Sounds like a German car of some sort.

Arvin Hill said...

Koufax Award or not, you're undoubtedly one of the most entertaining writers in the 'sphere.
Now, DANCE, monkey.

Linkmeister said...

Since I'm also on that Wider Recognition list, I will state categorically that I hereby recognize you.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Neddie! I bookmarked your blog the day I found your post in the guise of Al Swearengen, and I've never yet been disappointed. Thank you for your writing and congrats again!

Emma J.

julia said...

I ominatednay ouyay ootay, fwiw.