Thursday, November 17, 2005

Dead to Rights

Haymaker



You are one of life’s enjoyers, determined to get the most you can out of your brief spell on Earth. Probably what first attracted you to atheism was the prospect of liberation from the Ten Commandments, few of which are compatible with a life of pleasure. You play hard and work quite hard, have a strong sense of loyalty and a relaxed but consistent approach to your philosophy.

You can’t see the point of abstract principles and probably wouldn’t lay down your life for a concept though you might for a friend. Something of a champagne humanist, you admire George Bernard Shaw for his cheerful agnosticism and pursuit of sensual rewards and your Hollywood hero is Marlon Brando, who was beautiful, irascible and aimed for goodness in his own tortured way.

Sometimes you might be tempted to allow your own pleasures to take precedence over your ethics. But everyone is striving for that elusive balance between the good and the happy life. You’d probably open another bottle and say there’s no contest.

What kind of humanist are you? Click here to find out.

9 comments:

Bobby Lightfoot said...

Ha ha. I'm a Hairshirt. There's a shock.


rsogyn- a woman's doctor for th' Royal Symphony Orchestra.

Anonymous said...

A Handholder? I guess I put too much stock in cultural literacy and good manners...

Kevin Wolf said...

I'm a Haymaker too. How'd that happen?

Soundsurfr said...

Didn't work for me. Tried to answer "all of the above" for every question.

XTCfan said...

He's a haymaker, I'm a haymaker, wouldn't you like to be a haymaker, too.

Time for a boilermaker.


elvdr (an elvish physician)

Anonymous said...

Another Haymaker here. Let's party!

The Heretik said...

Haymaker

grishaxxx said...

Haymaker as well, though not an atheist (quiz was a bit skewed there, but I couldn't resist). Maybe I'm just a small-h humanist....
How about a chorus of Is That All There Is?"

Anonymous said...

Agh. I'm a "Hardhat".

Didn't realize I'm so inflexible. I'll try harder to suffer fools gladly in the future...

egffftgi - that's clearly the stifled sneeze of an allergy sufferer.