Tuesday, November 08, 2005

We Shall Fight on the Beaches

It's with quiet satisfaction and no small amount of state pride that I can announce I've just seen the first definitive report (ABC News) that Democrat Tim Kaine has taken the race for Governor of this Commonwealth by a comfortable 51-47 margin over the miserable, dishonest-ad-sponsoring, death-penalty-baiting Jerry Kilgore.

A last-minute blitz by George Bush in Richmond yesterday was about as useful as a Fallujah fire alarm.

These people are fond of quoting Churchill, so we might as well start reclaiming some history: "This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning."

Meet you at the corner in 2006, kiddoes.

PS: Corzine's won in Jersey. A thousand chickens coming home to roost...

2 comments:

The Humanity Critic said...

Way to go Tim!!!

XTCfan said...

You know, I usually take down my yard signs after an election. But I've left them up yesterday and today ... this just feels too good. Maybe I'll take them down this weekend. Maybe.

bcxfuu, Mr. Kilgore!!