Thursday, November 03, 2005

Dearie, Dearie Me

A CBS poll taken today has Bush's approval rating at 35%. The only preznit lower at this point in his second term was Nixon, who on November 17, 1973, a year after his landslide reelection, found himself obligated to point out that "I am not a crook."


Cheney, at 19%, is approximately as popular as the BTK Killer, and the Republican-controlled Congress is at 34%.

Doo'ness Dwacious, America! Why so glum? Who's for some cocoa and a rousing game of Scrabble?

4 comments:

Bobby Lightfoot said...

My theory, frankly, is that Cheney IS the fucking BTK killer. Line 'em up, man. Take off the moustache. Add some empathy.

To Cheney.

ttxkzz

Neil Shakespeare said...

Cocoa and scrabble. Now yer talkin', dude. I bet you'd get an approval rating of 100% on that. I hear the Dems are having trouble coming up with a new slogan. If you know someone in the uppityups you oughtta suggest "Cocoa and Scrabble". It's a winner!

Anonymous said...

Can I have some absinthe in my cocoa, please? Because as this number keeps going down, I figure things are going to get seriously weird and I want to be prepared.

wpjszcfa - Polish for "blue dress"

Anonymous said...

man, I just promised the kids hot chocolate (with the little marshmallows, and maybe whipped cream) tonight, and had earlier promised the mighty Dutch woman some scrabble action... scary to think who I'm channelling here.

Loyalsock Twp High, Class of 1974.

Graduating and going off to college in the midst of Watergate, I well remember the frisson that indictments can bring. I can still close my eyes and conjure up the memory of being at track practice, lounging in the pole vault pit and hidinbg from the coach, and hearing that the good guys had finally gotten Haldeman and Ehrlichman.

It is starting to feel alot like those days, eh?

skddre