Thursday, April 06, 2006

Woolgathering

I seem to be undergoing a blog-content dry patch. Apathy combined with Outrage Fatigue and a few slow news cycles has drained the Jingo Well: I open a browser, nose around the Net for inspiration, and... Squadoosh. Meh. Yawn.

I'm sure this will end soon enough, but while the intellectual drought holds sway I will sit back, gather some wool, and let others do the fascinating and the scintillating and the monkey-tricks for a bit.

Helmut at Phronesisiacal has had the life I promised myself I would have, back before the mortgage and the kids and the pets. His photographic travelogue through Nepal fascinates and scintillates to beat the band, and there may even be a monkey-trick or two in there. Go read it now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well FUK! Get to work you lazy bastidd. Loudin County surely offers much inspiration, altho' my poor Florida-bred daughter begged me to move her out of Winchester and back to Florida ASAP. We did so, but I WILL NOT MISS the wine fest up there in October. We come from a long line of bootleggers, and I am impressed with the local broo.

helmut said...

Thanks, Ned. Get Well Soon, Twinkles, before I suffer a berysm.

Bobby Lightfoot said...

I'm going through the same thing. I feel like I've exhausted The Lexicon Of Outrage.

It's hard to get Mystery Tour out of the way with Pepper finished.